Tax Debt Relief Attorneys in Portland
Call Vanden Bos & Chapman, LLP for Tax Debt Solutions
When you owe back taxes, the IRS adds fees and interest that make the problem even worse. It can seem like your tax debt will never be resolved and that you will be struggling financially for the rest of your life.
In many cases, bankruptcy can help you stop the IRS calls and find a solution to your tax debt problems. There are extremely precise and complicated rules about whether taxes are eliminated or reduced under a bankruptcy filing, so it is important to work with an experienced Portland tax debt relief attorney to settle everything completely.
Unresolved tax debt does not have to cost you your financial peace of mind. Contact us for an appointment today at (503) 664-3134.
Can My Tax Debt Be Discharged?
Tax debt may be able to be reduced or discharged if:
- Tax returns have been on file for more than two years before the bankruptcy petition
- Income taxes owed are over three years old
- No fraud or tax evasion was involved
- The IRS did not assess the taxes within the last 240 days
Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows you to pay back your tax debt over a longer period and also eliminates penalties and freezes interest. This can help you stop your tax bill from growing so you can get ahead of it.
Reach Out to Vanden Bos & Chapman, LLP Today
- We pride ourselves on helping our clients understand all the options available for debt relief.
- The skilled Portland tax debt relief lawyers at Vanden Bos & Chapman, LLP have been serving consumers in the area since 1981, and our experience has taught us the most effective strategies to use for tax debt relief.
- We know that your situation is unique, but rest assured that we have handled some of the most complex cases available.
- Mr. Vanden Bos and Mrs. Chapman are well-respected speakers in the areas of debt and bankruptcy and want to put their knowledge and skill to work for you.
Do not ignore the IRS and your growing tax debt. Instead, contact the professionals at Vanden Bos & Chapman, LLP at (503) 664-3134 today.