Ann K. ChapmanPartner
Ann K. Chapman first started practicing law in the bankruptcy field when she began work as an associate Portland bankruptcy attorney for her now partner, Robert Vanden Bos, in 1985. Ann and Robert formed their law partnership in 1992 and have practiced law together for more than two decades. Ann enjoys her frequent opportunities to lecture on bankruptcy topics for the Oregon State Bar, Oregon Law Institute, and Northwest Bankruptcy Institute. She is an avid golfer, enjoys hiking with her husband, an Oregon native, and relaxing at home with their two cats.
- Louisiana State Bar, 1982 (inactive status)
- Oregon State Bar, 1983
- United States District Court, District of Oregon, 1983
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 1984
- William Mitchell College of Law (J.D., 1982, top 1/3 in class)
- University of Minnesota (B.S., with distinction, 1978)
Speaking Engagements / Press Appearances
- Speaker, Oregon State Bar
- Speaker, Oregon Law Institute
- Speaker, Northwest Bankruptcy Institute
- Speaker, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Speaker, Multnomah Bar Association
- Speaker, National Business Institute
- Speaker, Willamette University College of Law
- Speaker, Pro Bono Clinic
- Speaker, Professional Women's Group, Dress for Success
- Speaker, Oregon Attorney Assistance Program
- Cable Television Program, Legal Links, Oregon State Bar
- Interview, Portland Monthly Magazine, February 2008
- Interview, OPB Radio, Oregon Territory – Bankruptcy, 2005
- Interviews, KGW, Channel 8, Bankruptcy, Joe Smith Business Segment
- Interviews, KEX Radio, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy
- Interview, KXL Radio, Bankruptcy Reform Act 2005, Lars Larson
- Interview, KXL Radio, Foreclosure Crisis, Brian Bushlach
- Co-author, Bankruptcy and Family Law, 21 Oregon State Bar Continuing Legal Education; Family Law Section 21.1 (2002)
- Author, "Practicing Law from the Heart," William Mitchell Magazine, Spring, 2001.
- Author, "Sacred Duty," Oregon State Bar Bulletin, Aug/Sept. 2000 issue.
- Author, "Letter to a Law School Graduate," Willamette Law Review, Spring 1999.
- Author, "Reflections on Professionalism," Oregon Debtor-Creditor Newsletter, Fall 1998, p 3.
- Co-Author, "Avoiding Malpractice Traps: Avoiding Judicial Liens," In Brief, Oct. 1994, p 1.
- Columnist – various articles, Oregonian.
- Quoted numerous times on bankruptcy topics: Oregonian, Portland Tribune, Business Journal, Willamette Week
- AV® Rated Martindale-Hubbell® since 1996 (Highest Rating)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register – Preeminent® Law Firm AV Rating since March 1992 and personal lawyer AV rating in May of 1997
- Oregon Super Lawyers® list (limited to top 5% of Oregon lawyers), 2010-present
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Clinic, since its inception over 15 years ago
- Member and Volunteer Credit Abuse Resistance Education Committee (C.A.R.E.), Debtor-Creditor Section, Oregon State Bar
- Past Chair – Executive Committee, Debtor-Creditor Section, Oregon State Bar
- Member, WOMBATS (Women Bankruptcy Attorneys)
- Chair, Professionalism Committee, Debtor-Creditor Section, Oregon State Bar
- Co-Chair, CLE Committee, Debtor-Creditor Section, Oregon State Bar
- Treasurer – Executive Committee, Debtor-Creditor Section, Oregon State Bar
- Secretary – Executive Committee, Debtor-Creditor Section, Oregon State Bar
- Member at Large – Executive Committee, Debtor-Creditor Section, Oregon State Bar
- Chair, Consumer Law and Chapter 13 Subcommittee, Debtor-Creditor Section, Oregon State Bar
- Member, Organizing Committee for Portrait Hanging Ceremony for U.S. Bankruptcy Judges, Debtor-Creditor Section, Oregon State Bar
- Member, Consumer Law and Chapter 13
- Member, CLE Committee, Debtor-Creditor Section, Oregon State Bar
- Member, Portland Alano Club, Endowment Committee
- Merit Screening Committee Member, Ninth Circuit Executive's Office
- Member, William Mitchell Second Century Society
- Member, Pro Bono Committee
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Clinic
- Mediator, Pro Bono Clinic
- Advisory Board Member, Past Director, Past President
- Member, Portland Alano Club