Christopher N. CoylePartner
Christopher N. Coyle joined Vanden Bos & Chapman, LLP as a Portland bankruptcy attorney in 2008. Prior to joining the firm, he was a solo practitioner, practicing taxation and bankruptcy law.
While in law school at Lewis and Clark, Christopher clerked with the Office of Chief Counsel for the Internal Revenue Service and the Lewis and Clark Legal Clinic.
Outside of the office, Christopher enjoys hiking, biking, playing with his Labrador retriever, and sailboat racing.
- Oregon State Bar, 2007
- United States District Court, District of Oregon, 2007
- United States Tax Court, 2007
Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College (J.D.,
cum laude, 2007);
Environmental Law Review, Managing Editor, 2006-2007
South Carolina Honors College, University of South Carolina (B.A.,
cum laude, 2004);
Journalism and Mass Communications Major
- Debtor-Creditor Section Saturday Session – February, 2009
- Successfully Navigating Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy Basics for Real Estate Professionals – May, 2011
- Foreclosure Defense Essentials CLE – July, 2011
- The Economic Tsunami: Bankruptcy and Mortgage Foreclosure (co-author) – April 2010.
- Just When You Thought You Had ‘Em! Bankruptcy’s Impact on Collecting Your Claim (co-author) – October, 2010.
- Chapter 7/11/12/13 Triage, NW Bankruptcy Institute (co-author) – April, 2011
- Bankruptcy and Family Law: Bouncing Along the Economic Bottom (co-author) – May, 2011
- Chapter 13 for Individuals and Small Businesses – To Retain Assets and Repay Creditors – The Flexible Bankruptcy, Fundamentals of Bankruptcy CLE (co-author) – August, 2011
Memberships / Committees
- Oregon State Bar
- Oregon Debtor-Creditor Section
- Oregon Taxation Section
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Member, Young Lawyers Section, Multnomah Bar Association
- Member, Executive Committee, Debtor-Creditor Section, Oregon State Bar
- Member, Local Rules Committee, Debtor-Creditor Section, Oregon State Bar
- Member, Credit Abuse Resistance Education Committee (C.A.R.E.)
- Volunteer, Legal Aid Services of Oregon Pro-Bono Clinic